Pre-existing condition (Example taken from lifetime policies)
An injury, illness, disease, clinical sign or behavioural illness that:
- is noted in your pet’s clinical history prior to your pet’s period of insurance, or
- happened before your pet’s period of insurance, or
- that is the same as, or has the same diagnosis or clinical signs as an injury, illness, disease or clinical sign your pet had before the period of insurance, or
- an injury, illness or clinical sign that is caused by, relates to, or results from, an injury, illness, disease, clinical sign or accident that your pet had before the period of insurance, or
- is known and observed by you.
A condition will cease to be a pre-existing condition if for twenty-four consecutive calendar months:
- your pet has shown no clinical signs or symptoms of the condition
- you have not consulted a vet with respect to the condition
- your pet has not received treatment for or in connection with the condition
- it is not chronic in nature, such as but not limited to a fractured bone, arthritis, diseases such as diabetes, tumours/lumps/masses or heart murmurs
- if it is no longer known or observed by you
Meet a vet online
- Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, just follow this link.
- Included free as part of all VetsMediCover insurance policies.
- Help, treatment and if you need it, a referral to your local vet.
My dog Aiyana was seen on time and vet Holly was very caring kind and patient
So friendly, easy snd informative
I am very pleased with the service I receive from vetsmedicover
always easy to deal with and no hassle whether renewing or claiming
- Lifetime and 12 month cover
- Up to £10,000 vets fees per year
- Complementary therapy
- Dental treatment
- Pet travel insurance
- Third party liability
- Death benefit
- Up to £750 if your pet is stolen
- Dedicated claims line
- FirstVet - FREE virtual vet service
- Pre-existing conditions included +
+ Under our Lifetime Gold, Platinum & Diamond policies, pre-existing conditions are covered (if for 24 months your pet has been symptom & treatment free, and not consulted a vet)
Your pet must be at least 8 weeks old and under 8 years when applying for your first year of cover.
Cover your pet for vets
bills of up to £10,000 per year
VetsMediCover takes pride in keeping things simple. Our goal is to provide a reliable insurance policy that is well delivered and gives you peace of mind.
We have four levels of cover and are confident that one of our policies will be the perfect solution for you and your pet. Our policies are annual and must be renewed for the cover to continue by us offering and you accepting the renewal invitation.
Lifetime policies provide vet fee cover each year for treatment for injuries and illness up to the limit in your policy schedule. At renewal, ongoing conditions continue to be covered up to the limit in your policy schedule for that period of insurance.
The 12-month policy provides cover from the date the injury or illness first appears for a maximum 12-month period. All conditions claimed in any one period of insurance cannot exceed the vet fee limit or any other limit stated in your policy schedule. After 12 months the condition will no longer be covered, and any further treatment will need to be paid by you, as will be deemed a pre-existing condition and be excluded from the policy.